Vacature: EU Advocacy/Liaison Officer
LIGHT FOR THE WORLD is a European confederation of national development NGOs working for people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world. We strive for a better quality of life and the realisation of the human rights for people with disabilities.
But we also improve our employee’s and supporter’s day: our activities make sense!
We are looking for a qualified person for the position of
EU Advocacy/Liaison Officer based in Brussels
- Lobbying and advocating towards the EU institutions to promote the rights of persons with disabilities living in developing countries;
- Working in liaison with NGOs and NGO-networks working at an EU and international level as well as in the field of development co-operation and/or the rights of persons with disabilities;
- Building on contacts and relations with relevant representatives of the EU institutions, international organisations, NGOs and NGO-networks and other relevant stakeholders;
- Developing and implementing effective advocacy strategies towards EU decision-makers to achieve the overall aims and objectives of advancing the rights of persons with disabilities in EU development cooperation, including organising events;
- Influencing, monitoring and reporting on EU decision-making including legislative and policy proposals, EU administrative and programming regulations, European Parliamentary reports and resolutions, as well as the work of relevant international organisations, NGOs and NGO-networks;
- Supervision of one colleague and any interns;
- Work experience with, and very good knowledge of, the EU institutions and relevant policy areas (such as development policies; disability and non-discrimination policies; social policies);
- Knowledge of EU and international development cooperation;
- Commitment to human rights, the rights of persons with disabilities and non-discrimination
- Experience in working with NGOs
- Fluency in oral and written English, good knowledge of French
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently
We are a professional team which develops constantly. All employees bear responsibility for their field of activity and the reaching of the defined aims. We are organized in a participatory manner and expect that you bring in your experiences and ideas. The chance to learn from failures and to develop is important to us. Our activities are in the centre of our motivation.
Please send your application with salary information until June 25th, 2012 via email to:
LIGHT FOR THE WORLD Austria
1120 Wien, Niederhofstraße 26, Stephan Spatt
We strongly encourage persons with disabilities to apply for this position.